Acting & Filmmaking educational program for children and their parents or mentors.
(This activity is made possible by the voters of Minnesota through grants from the Metropolitan Regional Arts Council, thanks to a legislative appropriation from the arts and cultural heritage fund.)
Filmmaking & Acting workshops for children and their mentors. The program culmintated in the following film productions: "Rocket Science" "The Princess and the Dragon" "A Night at the Theatre" "Writer's Block" "Interviews"
(This activity is made possible by the voters of Minnesota through a grant from the Minnesota State Arts Board, thanks to a legislative appropriation from the arts and cultural heritage fund and by a grant from the National Endowment for the Arts.)
Improvisational Acting workshops for the youth, mentors, and parents. "The majority of the participants came to HARMONY with either none or limited exposure to theater. The HARMONY Theatre instructors were able to connect with the participants in a way that made them feel comfortable and safe. All participants reported they had a great time. Any youth-serving organization could benefit greatly from their ability to make theatre fun and accessible to all newcomers."
Director of Match Support at Big Brothers Big Sisters
Here are some comments from the participants:
- This was a wonderful experience for us as a match. We have gotten to know each other better and have had fun!
- I learned that I'm very creative and less shy than I thought.
- I learned to work with a group.
- Thanks to HARMONY for giving me and my daughter the opportunity to bond while having fun!
- This is a great opportunity to strengthen the interaction between you and your ‘Little.’ It was clear the Little's really enjoyed the acting. It's an opportunity for them to act out their feelings without feeling embarrassed.